Tailored support at every stage
TWP is one of the pioneers of specialist community solutions that address women’s offending.
Our approach produces savings on criminal justice budgets and results in wider benefits for children, families and communities. Improved parenting skills, increased employability and safer, happier families bring benefits to local people right across the region.
TWP’s bespoke needs assessment and support services are not available through mainstream criminal justice interventions since they are designed with the majority male population of offenders in mind. Probation Trusts contract with us because our approach ensures that women comply with community orders, enabling them to keep appointments by seeing their probation supervisors in our women-only centres. The centres offer a wide range of programmes and services, such as:
- Life skills programme
- Eight weeks
- Designed by female offenders
- Explores confidence, assertiveness and problem-solving
- Substance misuse services
- Specialised workers offering in-centre support
- Tailored help using counselling, group work, alternative therapies and health screening
- Weekly health trainer in partnership with Bradford District Care Trust
- Individual support for up to eight sessions
- Includes registering with GP
- Weekly Education, Training and Employment (ETE) sessions
- Eight-week accredited courses for I.T., numeracy and literacy
- Entry levels I and II
The secret of our success lies in our unique ability to gain the confidence of vulnerable women and to get those considered ‘hard to reach’ to engage in services. Our record in sustaining women within the services once they have initially engaged is second to none.